March 24, 2005

Terri Schiavo blogger roundup

Supreme Court: Volokh Conspiracy, Captain's Quarters, Blogs for Bush, Argghhh!, WizBang, Michelle Malkin, Blogs for Terri, bLogicus, RW Conspiracy

Politics: La Shawn Barber, Blogs for Terri (also here and here), Common Sense Run Wild, bLogicus, HyScience

Law: Blogs for Terri, Ace of Spades

Morons for Death: Blogs for Terri, GOPInsight

Breaking: Blogs for Terri (then here), HyScience (also here)

Recommended: Common Sense Run Wild

Posted by Danny Carlton at March 24, 2005 01:59 PM

Comments

Agressive, extended rehabilitation was given to Terry for several years, and it didn't work.

Please people, let her rest in peace...

Posted by: Glenn Dixon at March 24, 2005 02:47 PM

Thank you for your trackback to my rant.

Hours later and after some consideration, I regret it to some degree (the profanity mostly) but I expressed exactly how I feel.

Posted by: Janette at March 24, 2005 02:47 PM

Glenn, AbstractAppeal is about as accurate as Al Jazeera. Whoever runs the sight is drooling over the though of Terri dying. Citing them as a source does not impress me in the least.

Posted by: Danny Carlton at March 24, 2005 03:29 PM

Danny - dude, put down the crack pipe! LOL

First, what does AbstractAppeal have to do with the Wolfson report? He's Terri Schiavo's Guardian Ad Litem! What difference does it make where it's linked to from? You can get your own copy via FIAO but it will still say the same....

Second, that is one seriously unbiased, objective site in my opinion. He doesn't even comment on the right or wrong of Terri's situation, just the legal decisions. What's 'inaccurate' about that?

Posted by: Glenn Dixon at March 24, 2005 03:53 PM

First, Wolfson considered only what Greer allowed as admissible, therefore it is an incomplete reports. Wolfson also found that before a decision was made testing should be done to determine if Terri can swallow. Greer ignored the findings.

I've looked through AbstractAppeal, and the guy is very much pro-euthanasia. That old sham of pretending neutrality while you show only one side is too old to fool anyone but the naive.

Posted by: Danny Carlton at March 24, 2005 04:11 PM

Who gives a rat's a$$ whether she "swallows" water, or receives it via a straw, tube, or a turkey baster!?!? For cryin' out loud, I can sustain the life of a cactus by giving it water. So what? Oh, nevermind that she's confined to a hospital bed(no matter HOW long she lives)---nevermind that she's inert, non-responsive and lays there and stares at the ceiling---nevermind that she craps herself and lays in it until someone notices---nevermind that she can't have TWO-way interaction with the people who love her------- As long as she can randomly look around, grunt, and especially... "SWALLOW" water, then by golly, her life has meaning.

"....while you show only one side....." ?

Please.

Posted by: Boomslang at March 24, 2005 05:36 PM

Being able to swallow is a criteria for PVS. If she can swallow then she's not in a PVS.

Posted by: Danny Carlton at March 24, 2005 05:51 PM

Wow, some real compassion there, Boomslang!

I bet in jr. high you hung with the crowd that liked to chase the Down's syndrome kid after school, pelting him with rocks and screaming "REEtard! DUMMY! Die you dumbf**k!"

Posted by: Darleen at March 24, 2005 06:49 PM

Gee Darleen, I don't know......when I was in "jr. high" I was 12 years old.....so I was probably no better or worse than ANY 12 year old. I'd be willing to bet though---provided that you take a few logs off the self-rightious fire---that you might've used poor judgment once---or maybe even twice---when you were 12 years old. However, if I'm WRONG on this, please tell me....because I'd rather have my errors pointed out, rather than defend them in perpetuity.

Now on to the central issue: Quality of life...NOT quantity.

Enjoy your box.