April 02, 2005

CBS plans to do movie about Terri Schiavo...unless we convince them otherwise

From WorldNetDaily:

There is no word on whether the network has secured the cooperation of either the Schindler family, Terri's parents and siblings, or Michael Schiavo, her estranged husband.

There are reports Michael Schiavo is entertaining offers of book, movie and TV deals for Terri's story. Industry sources say Schiavo is likely to be offered up to $2 million for a book deal and up to $2 million for a movie or TV deal.

I just sent the following comment to CBS at their comment form.

I understand you are intending to do a movie on the Terri Schiavo murder. Given the blatant lies told by all of the main stream media during her torture and murder, I seriously doubt a fair representation of the events could possibly be done by you or any of the main networks. Given that, if you do produce and air such a movie I will: A. not watch any CBS programming that week, B. contact as many CBS advertisers that I can to let them know of my plans and C. encourage others to do the same.

While I may be one person I no doubt expect you will receive numerous other complaints such as this and therefore you and your advertisers will be aware of the marketing risks of attempting to profit from the suffering of others in this way.

I'll be compiling a list of CBS's top advertisers as well as contact info for people who wish to let them know what you think of CBS's latest attempt at trash TV. Remember CBS was going to air the infamous Reagan movie until feedback made them drop it. Your comments do matter.

Posted by Danny Carlton at April 2, 2005 05:13 PM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference CBS plans to do movie about Terri Schiavo...unless we convince them otherwise:

» Well, that didn't take long from What Attitude Problem?
According to WorldNetDaily, CBS is planning to do movie about Terri Schiavo:CBS is rushing a Terri Schiavo TV movie into production so that it can air the biopic during the May ratings sweeps. There is no word on whether the [Read More]

Tracked on April 3, 2005 08:17 AM

Comments

I did e-mail CBS and told them I couldn't believe they would reward michael for what he has done. He doesn't deserve to make one dime off of murdering Terri. But I am sure he will make millions. I hope he has no peace in his life. I also am hoping and praying the Schindlers get justice for Terri.

Posted by: susan wagner at April 3, 2005 09:02 AM

how dare you make such a comment, susan. how can you hope for someone to be miserable while on the same hand praying for someone else to "get justice?"

the terri schiavo case has really brought out the worst in people, from the religious nuts outside the hospice to the religious nuts pushing for congress to act illegally to republicans bent on destorying law and order in the united states. what a sad day...

Posted by: steve at April 3, 2005 07:42 PM

He tortured his wife to death. I can completely understand the anger people feel. That you would defend such a monster shows how little real compassion you have.

Posted by: Danny Carlton at April 3, 2005 10:09 PM

It's simple: Either you go to the ends of the earth to defend EVERY SINGLE LIFE ON THIS PLANET with the same zeal as you did for this brain damaged woman, or you're a hypocrite. Period. As you sit and type your letters to CBS, there's people in the state of Texas being "murdered" and "tortured" because they don't have the funds needed to pay for the care they need to continue living. Thanks George.

Posted by: boomSLANG at April 3, 2005 11:31 PM