July 22, 2005

"Why Blog" results!!

Okay, you've been patiently waiting to see them and here they are.

The page for the links based tabulation is at: http://jacklewis.net/weblog/whyresults.php

The page for the traffic based tabulation is at: http://jacklewis.net/weblog/whyresults_traffic.php

Coverage: Riehl World View, Iowa Voice

Posted by Danny Carlton at July 22, 2005 09:33 AM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference "Why Blog" results!!:

» Lunch: 7/22/2005 from basil's blog
Try one of these specials with your lunch: Mustang 23 is celebrating a birthday. The Pirates Cove celebrates a blogoversary. JackLews.net has the results of the survey. Beth (MVRWC) gets a scoop. Bubba's Back Porch looks at why some jobs [Read More]

Tracked on July 22, 2005 11:31 AM

» "Why Blog" Results from Don Singleton
Check them out [Read More]

Tracked on July 23, 2005 08:14 AM

Comments

Who's supposed to submit for group blogs? The owner, or all the participants, too?

Posted by: Junglejake at July 22, 2005 03:29 PM

For the way I've got it, I think one person, but supplying info for the group, i.e. time spent, number of posts, etc.

Posted by: Danny Carlton at July 22, 2005 04:15 PM

The results were VERY interesting - I enjoyed combing through them. Thanks. It looks like you got a really good response in terms of number of bloggers.

Posted by: Monica-Philadelphia at July 22, 2005 11:52 PM

Off the subject--can't find your email to ask this; I was wondering how you generate the drop down on your side bar. Thanks.
email: dlhiltz3@maine.rr.com

Posted by: Donnie at July 23, 2005 08:42 AM

Posted by: Danny Carlton at July 23, 2005 09:11 AM

Thank you much!

Posted by: Donnie at July 23, 2005 10:08 AM

I can't find anything that shows the total number of responses. That's crucial for interpreting data like this. It would also help to know how many there are in the cross-tabbed groups, like the various levels of the ecosystem.

Now, maybe it's there and I missed it.

With that kind of info I could write a statistical significance analysis for everyone to see here. The value of that is that it shows which factors really, reliably differentiate the various groups of bloggers. (Danny, please feel free to send me a private email in case I miss a follow-up comment here.)

Posted by: Tom Gilson at July 23, 2005 10:48 AM

Everyone that responded has their blog listed under "Blogs participating so far.." each link represent a completed survey. The traffic tabulation contains less, but all you have to do is add up the different sections listed on the left of that page to get the total.

Posted by: Danny Carlton at July 23, 2005 11:30 AM